SoDA Roundtable - Causes and Impacts of Poor Scoping and Estimating
- Registration Open: March 13, 2014 - April 09, 2014
- Where: Online
- Register: Registration not available at this time
One of the most difficult challenges that mid-size digital agencies face today is that of scoping and estimating new projects effectively and accurately. The most prevalent practices are borrowed from software development or traditional advertising organizations and are poorly suited for today’s complex and rapid-moving integrated agency. Studies have indicated that agency-wide margin losses from poor scoping and estimating can be as high as 15% of sales and that many of the causes are systemic yet not at all obvious.
In this Roundtable, we’ll cover:
- The many causes of poor scoping and estimation, as well as delving into the actual costs and impacts.
- We’ll explore its impact from many perspectives, including client relationships, project success, agency capacity utilization, worker retention and burnout, organization structure and bottom-line impact.
- Participants will come away with a better understanding of the many causes of poor scoping and estimation, as well as its impact across the whole agency.
- Best practices will also be shared along with the many poor practices that exist today.