SoDA Returns from another Successful Week in Austin
by Natalie Smith / March 23, 2015
SoDA Member Dinner
To kick off the week’s festivities, SoDA once again gathered its members, who were in town from all over the world, for a special dinner and party at the SoDA House. This year, attendees were treated to a graffiti-inspired theme with the help of SpraTX and delicious local fare from Frank.
Jeff Roach, from SoDA member company Fuel, did an excellent job capturing the spirit of the event here in his SXSW journal.
Building from one of the most popular articles from Volume 2 of The 2014 SoDA Report, “The Connected Age: Connecting with the Industry’s Best,” SoDA, and member company Phenomblue, brought together several of the world’s top experts through sessions, discussions and interviews to discuss the trends and challenges facing our industry and user behavior in the Connected Age. Speakers, topics and video links included below:
- “How to Matter” Jennifer Tucker (Deepend): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_X6QEGeZOM
- “Results Over Activity: Navigating the Connected Age” Joe Olsen (Phenomblue): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hpQloDScYU
- Interview Leslie Bradshaw (Made By Many): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLK8Ff_vlao
- Interview Naseem Sayani (Huge): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0KUihS_nso
- “The Value of Real” Sandy Fleischer (Pound & Grain): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKTLKAO2SPA
- “Digital Alliance (You Never Go Full Kanye)” Valerie Carlson (SapientNitro): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIjGvOHPTUI
- Panel: “Behavior: The Redefinition of ‘Digital’ in the Connected Age” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIjGvOHPTUI
Joe Olsen (Phenomblue)
Scott Henry (Organic)
Kate Swanberg (Koombea)
Brian Carley (Rokkan)
- Panel: “Defining Brand in the Connected Age” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueNKhmIkYwg
Joe Olsen (Phenomblue)
Lisa Haldeman (Leopard)
Dustin Davis (Struck)
Tom Beck (Enlighten)
SoDA Happy Hour
As we’ve done in years past, before we departed Texas, we hosted, along with the help and support from our sponsors Adobe, Enlighten, MediaMonks, Econsultancy/Ethology, a lively and fun Happy Hour on Monday, March 16th in downtown Austin for 200+ members and VIPs. Attendees gathered at The Dogwood Austin which provided a wonderful backdrop for everyone to converse, enjoy some drinks, and network with one another.
To view pictures from the Member Dinner and Happy Hour events, click here.