SoDA Wins the Spotlight at Cannes
by Tony Quin, IQ / July 2, 2014
Kudos to everyone who helped make SoDA’s presence at Cannes this year a terrific success. This is SoDA’s fourth year at the Festival and I am excited to say that SoDA is really starting to become well known amongst the world’s marketing glitterati. With our global focus, Cannes has always seemed like the perfect event to gain awareness for the society and its members. But this year our cumulative efforts seemed to finally break through the festival clutter into the Riviera sunshine.
As we do every year, members met up for a cocktail party and conversation at SoDA’s Cannes HQ early on in the conference.
Tony Quin SoDA board chair talks to Victor Knaap, MD of MediaMonks
Joe Olsen, SoDA Board Member & CEO of Phenomblue, Andrey Anischenko, CEO of Grape and Andrei Vinograd, Founder of Grape
The next night we, again, put on the SoDA Digerati Mixer/Young Lions Party, which was, as last year, one of the best parties at the Festival. Major thanks to members B-Reel, Huge and Perfect Fools/hasan&partners, plus sponsor Undertone and our founding sponsor Adobe, for their help in making it happen.
SoDA members, staff and friends from Adobe
As you can see in the picture below a giant screen greeted party-goers as well as hundreds of passersby with the logos of SoDA’s members throughout the night.
Once the rosé hangovers had worn off we also staged a SoDA Session, hosted by Microsoft on the challenges of product design for agencies.
L-R: Rick Barraza (Microsoft), Donald Chestnut (SapientNitro), Adrian Belina (Jam3) and Shane Ginsberg (EVB)
Thanks to panelists and SoDA members, Shane Ginsberg, President of EVB; Rick Barraza from Microsoft, who focuses on design strategy, quality experience and design; Donald Chestnut, Chief Experience Officer of SapientNitro; and Adrian Belina, Founder of Jam3.
As you can imagine putting on world-class events that reflect the creative and executional excellence that our members are known for is not easy. But as with almost every SoDA event our fantastic SoDA team came through again with a superb Cannes experience that made every member there proud to be part of SoDA.
Huge thanks go to Executive Director Chris Buettner, who once again, masterfully managed every detail to perfection.
Chris Buettner, Exec Dir. SoDA
Thanks also to:
• Pamela Strother for helping us with the sponsorship and partnership program development for Cannes.
• Lakai Newman for helping with social strategy, sponsor management and overall support for all SoDA events in Cannes
• Lior Vexler, who also worked on social strategy and community management throughout the week.
• Natalie Smith, who managed the launch of the new SoDA site to coincide with the launch of SoDA’s new branding in Cannes.
• Jessica Ongko, who designed all the SoDA event collateral, art directed the new SoDA video displayed at the SoDA Young Lions Party, designed the SoDA Journalist Notebook, and designed SoDA’s Festival Programme and Lions Daily ads.
• Kendyll Picard, who project managed the production and distribution of the SoDA Journalist Notebook to 350+ journalists in Cannes.
Special thanks also to Urbian, our new member from South Africa, which created the SoDA video for the Video Wall at the SoDA Young Lions Party, to our wonderful friends at Adobe, and finally to board member Joe Olsen of Phenomblue for all his help and tireless rosé consumption again this year.
See you next year in Cannes.
Tony Quin, SoDA Board Chair & IQ CEO